- In 1920, Father Dwyer started to sell the idea of a parochial school to the parishioners of St. Thomas Aquinas with the hopes that a school would keep religion alive in the parish.
- The school opened in 1927 with two hundred pupils in grades one through six.
- By 1929, the school had expanded to house seventh and eight grade.
- In 1959, the Parish remodeled and built an addition onto the school.
- In 1975, Kindergarten was added and in 1978, Preschool began.
- St. Thomas has been accredited by MNSAA since 1995.
- Grades 5-8 were temporarily suspended to provide financial viability to the school.
- We are a Preschool through grade 4 school, with enrollment of 44 students for the 2017-18 school year.
International Falls is the largest community and the county seat of Koochiching County. It is located on the northern edge of Minnesota and the gateway to Voyageurs National Park. Across the Rainy River is our neighboring city of Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada. Major employers in the area include Boise Cascade, Public Schools, Koochiching County, Falls Memorial Hospital/Duluth Clinic, United Healthcare, and Rainy River Community College.
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School has been a fixture in the community for many years. It's alumni are many prominent business owners and leaders in the community. The students while growing and learning with God's love provide unmatched services to the area. They provide money and food for the Falls Hunger Coalition, visit the nursing home residents, honor our veterans on Veterans Day, and provide Bible partners for youth and seniors.